Designing an Outbuilding, Outhouse or Garden Room
As architects in Manchester and Liverpool, we’re often asked to advise on what some people would call garden rooms or outbuildings, that others might refer to as outhouses, pool rooms or even sheds.
Whether they are being designed for home offices, gyms, workshops or something much simpler, Pride Rd can help – working closely with the Swift Organisation on all sorts of prototypes – some of which you can see here.
But whatever you call them, or whatever you are using them for, there are some questions you should ask yourself before you book a workshop with Pride Rd for outhouse design plans. These include:
- What features do you need from your outbuilding?
- How much privacy and security does the building need?
- Should an outside office have impressive surroundings for meetings?
- How important is intercom, internet, TV, telephone and access?
- Do you need tea and coffee facilities?
- Will you need storage or filing space?
- Does the office require both desk areas and sitting areas?
- Do you need to think about temperature and humidity controls?
- Will an outbuilding add value to my house?
- Is an outbuilding a cost effective, tax efficient investment?
- Does it need built in furnishings and fixtures?